Ace Scholarships Houston: Over 35,000 scholarships totaling over $83 million have been given out through ACE Scholarships since 2000. Students use these scholarships as a starting point for creating the bright future they deserve by using them to pay for tuition at a participating private school of their choosing.
Current ACE scholars in Houston have overcome enormous obstacles to advance their goals. Over 90% of ACE scholars routinely graduate from high school, which is a remarkable achievement. ACE scholars also graduate from college at a rate that is almost twice as high as that of their classmates.
Become an ACE Scholar
Families of prospective scholarship recipients can choose the finest school for their child from among the many private schools that participate in the ACE Scholarship program. Please check the income requirements and the complete list of Houston’s participating schools before applying. visit https://www.acescholarships.org/become-a-scholar/texas/.
A family must meet the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program income requirements to be eligible for an ACE scholarship. Families negotiate a payment plan for the unfunded portion of tuition after receiving an ACE scholarship, which covers only a portion of the cost of tuition. Please apply if you believe the ACE Scholarships program is the best option for your child. visit https://www.acescholarships.org/become-a-scholar/ for more information and follow the steps below to apply:
- Confirm that you qualify for Ace Scholarships Houston based on the financial guidelines listed on the website.
- Identify the right ACE partner private school for your child at: https://www.acescholarships.org/become-a-scholar/texas/
- Enroll your child in school by completing the application and enrolling procedures.
- Ask the selected institution whether there are any ACE scholarships available. (Based on available finances, all scholarships are awarded to schools in the spring of each year.)
- The school will give you an ACE application to fill out if one is available.
- Send the application and supporting materials back to the school for ACE submission.
- In addition to giving the youngsters and families in our neighborhood hope and chance, Gallery Furniture looks forward to watching a great deal more Houston children succeed in their academic endeavors. Best wishes and God’s blessings to you
St. Theresa Catholic School in Memorial Park is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school years!
Priority is first given to siblings of currently enrolled students, secondly to applicants coming from our Early Childhood Center, thirdly to Parishioners, and then to Non-Parishioners. Within these categories, applications will be prioritized according to the date received.
For more information about the admissions process contact [email protected].
At the time the application is made, each student seeking admission must provide the following:
- Completed Online Application
- Non-refundable application fee of $125 per applicant
- Copy of Original Birth Certificate (Please bring original to assessment)
- entering Pre-K 3 – Child must be 3 years old on or before September 1 and toilet trained
- entering Pre-K 4 – Child must be 4 years old on or before September 1 and toilet trained
- entering Kindergarten – The child must be 5 years old on or before September 1
- Baptismal Certificate, if applicable
- Immunization Records
- Current and Previous Year-Ending Report Card (for Elementary School and Jr. High applicants)
- Standardized Test Results (for Elementary School and Jr. High applicants)
- Signed Release of Records Form(for Elementary School and Jr. High applicants only)
- Teacher Recommendation Form (the form is to be submitted by the student’s current school)
Read; 2023 Canada Government Scholarships for International Students
Students seeking admission must also complete an assessment that will be scheduled after the application has been submitted. A non-refundable testing fee of $50 will be collected at the time of the assessment:
Early Childhood Round-Up Interview
A February Early Childhood Round-up Interview will be required of applicants for PK3, PK4, and Kindergarten. The Round-Up will involve both official and informal evaluations of a range of early children’s abilities, including fine and gross motor, number, and letter recognition, and social and self-help abilities. Applications that are assessed after the first-round deadline will be scheduled individually.
Admissions Testing and Shadow Visit
Junior High and Elementary School applicants must come to our school. The applicants will take part in an individually arranged shadow visit after finishing the application file. Your youngster has the chance to spend a day experiencing our community thanks to this visit. A “Viking Buddy” will be assigned to each applicant to assist them during the day. During this visit, St. Theresa will also get the chance to meet your kid and get to know them in our educational environment. We will give your child the Woodcock-Johnson III Test of Achievement during their visit.
New student application fee: $125.00 per student (non-refundable)
New student testing fee: $50.00 per student (non-refundable)
Student enrollment deposit: $500.00 per student (non-refundable and applied towards the last tuition payment for the school year)
The following regular school fees are included in the all-inclusive tuition: tuition, enrollment deposit, academic supply fee, technology fee, local field trip fee, yearbook fee, PTO dues, and all Homeroom fees for class activities and school celebrations. Extracurricular activities, donations to service projects, and fundraising opportunities are not covered by the cost of tuition and vary according to individual participation. Additionally not included in tuition are school meals, clothing, and supplies for the classroom.
The tuition billing year runs from July 1st until April 1st.
The first tuition payment will be due by July 1, 2023.
Pre K 3, Pre K 4, Kinder: $11,800.00 per student
1 st – 8 th: $11,400.00 per student
A 5% sibling discount is available.
There are three options for the payment of tuition:
Option 1: Pay tuition in full by July 1 st (2% discount)
Option 2: Pay tuition in 2 installments (July 1 st and December 1 st)
Option 3: Pay tuition in 10 monthly payments starting on July 1 st
A $55/$25 annual FACTS management fee is due per family, to be paid directly to FACTS.
A $250 one-time Building Fee is due per new family.